The CIRI application process requires detailed information. Before beginning the application process, please ensure that you have the following information and documents available:
- A copy of your Tax Clearance Certificate in PDF format.
(When saving this document please call it by your company name, followed by an underscore and the words 'tax certificate'. Eg. If a company called ABC Construction was submitting their tax clearance certificate, they would save the document as 'ABC Construction _tax certificate'.
- A letter from your insurance company and/ or insurance broker stating that the applicant has the appropriate insurances in place. This will also need to be in pdf format.
(When saving this document please call it by your company name, followed by an underscore and the words 'insurance letter'. Eg. If a company called ABC Construction was submitting their insurance, they would save the document as 'ABC Construction _insurance letter'.
- Your Company Registration Number (if applicable).
- A brief description of your business.
- A brief description of building services offered/ areas of competence
- Details of management/ technical staff.
- If your business has been set up in the last two years, details of directors/ senior management team will be required.
- General information about your health and safety certification.
- General information about your quality assurance policy.
- General information about your environmental/sustainable assurance.
- Details of a minimum of 3 project examples which detail your experience, including contact names and contact details for an independent referee on each project.
- Project examples should not be more ten 10 years old.
- Details of any convictions under the Building Control Acts over the past 5 years.
- Details of any ownerships or shareholdings in companies which may have ceased trading in which convictions under the Building Control Acts over the past 5 years apply.
- CIF/ RECI/ ECSSA/ REI member numbers if they apply.
- Credit card details for payment.
- The cost for joining the register is €600 + VAT at 23%
- Completed CIRI Induction Programme: completion of the CIRI Induction programme is a mandatory requirement for all CIRI applicants. One person, ideally from senior management level, per applicant business should attend the Induction Programme. Applicants are advised that your application can only be reviewed by the Construction Industry Registration Board following completion of the Induction Programme. The Construction Industry Federation (CIF) is running a series of approved CIRI induction courses. You can view more information on these courses here.
To help those applying to join CIRI, the CIRI application process can be undertaken over more than one sitting.
Upon completing each section please make sure you press the 'Update' button. Once each section has been updated, that information will remain in place for future visits.
Please note you will only be able to submit your application to CIRI for approval once all the required information has been provided.
To proceed to the application process please click here.